1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag at least 3 people.
5. Make sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting on what you did.
So, here goes:
- I am extremely allergic to horses (think full-on asthma attack!). In adult life, this is not a major problem; I simply give them a wide berth. As a child, however, I took it very badly. I read every single one of the Jill of the Gymkhana books, and bitterly regretted the fact that I too could not be off having jolly pony-related adventures.
- In the last year of my undergraduate degree, I applied to go to law school. I was offered a place, but then at the last minute I decided to do an MA in Feminism & the Visual Arts instead. I have never regretted not pursuing a career in the legal profession.
- I have ridiculously small feet (a UK size 2.5, continental size 35). This means I struggle to find shoes that fit me. People tell me that I am fortunate because I can buy cheaper, children's trainers. But I do not always want to wear kids' shoes. Sometimes, I want to wear impractical, high heeled, strappy evening sandals.
- According to Mr H, I compensate for not being able to find shoes that fit by buying Too Many Handbags. Mr H and I have very different ideas about what constitutes Too Many Handbags. Mr H does not understand that different occasions may require different handbags; one handbag should, he thinks, cover all eventualities.
- My life increasingly revolves around what's for dinner. I cannot walk by a restaurant without stopping to read the menu; I always like to choose what I would have if we were to eat there. I also love to leaf through recipe books and plan what I could hypothetically make to eat. In my mind, I plan fancy dinners which are far more elaborate than anything I would normally cook.
- I am a nervous flier. As soon as I get on board, I read the safety card. I also always check that my life jacket is in fact under my seat where it's supposed to be. Once up in the air, I like to remain in my seat, gripping the armrests, with my seatbelt firmly fastened. If at all possible, I will avoid going to the toilet during the flight - I am frightened that I may somehow get sucked out of the plane, or that we will crash while I'm in the loo, and that my body will be found in a tree, forever frozen in the act of hitching my knickers up (my anxieties in this last respect are not helped by Mr H, who likes to reassure me that, were the plane to plummet from the sky, the chances are that the sudden loss of pressure would cause my body to disintegrate before hitting the ground).
This particular meme does seem to have done the rounds quite thoroughly, but I'm going to tag Lisa at Infertile Ground, Malloryn at Quest for a Lifetime and the anonymous lady over at My Baby Quest, in the hopes that they will be up for the challenge.